PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The purpose of this PTO is to create a closer relationship between the parents, teachers, children, and administrators to secure for each student their maximum potential in all aspects of school life.
To read about what's going on and to find everything in one place, visit our Washington PTO website!
And check out our Wildcats Event Calendar for the 2023-2024 school year.
Meet the 2023-2024 PTO Officers
- President | Stacee Monley
- First Vice President l Patricia Kash
- Second Vice President | Katie Aretos
- Secretary | Ayesha Jawad
- Treasurer | Angelica Schab
PTO Monthly Meetings Our PTO Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at from 6-7:30 p.m. All parents are invited to join us.
What does the PTO do throughout the year to support our Wildcat students and staff?
- Hold monthly meetings for all general membership.
- Welcome students at Supply Drop Off, Open House and Kindergarten Orientation.
- Host a number of events, including:
- Scholastic Book Fairs
- Charleston Wrap Fundraiser
- Mabel's Labels Fundraiser (NEW this year)
- Boo Bash Halloween Event
- End of the Year Bash
- Pi Night
- Wolves Game
- Celebrate our Washington teachers & staff with treats, t-shirts, decorations and
events throughout the year.
- Raise funds through Dine-Out nights with local businesses and food trucks; like McTeacher's Night!
- Provide funds to support Washington families in need.
- Supply Birthday Books for each student.
- Celebrate our 5th grade achievements with balloon send-offs and grade specific t-
- Create our Annual Yearbook.
- Spirit Wear sales through a local company, humanKIND now available year-round!
- Volunteer at a number of events throughout the year including: Boo Bash, Book
Fairs, End of Year Bash, Field Day, Pi Night and the Music/PE Showcase
How can you help?
You can set your own level of commitment to participating in the PTO. Here are some options and we're sure something will fit your schedule:
- Attend monthly meetings which are about 1.5 hours once a month. You can attend in-person or virtually, whatever your preference.
- Volunteer for a committee to help plan and create our larger events or support fundraising efforts
- Participate in our many annual fundraisers, like those listed above
- Become a Room Parent
- If time doesn't allow for volunteering, please consider a donation! Everything we do is funded by donations made to support the PTO. Whether
through fundraisers, events, or individual donations we cannot do what we do for our students, teachers, staff and families without your continued
PTO Past Accomplishments
- Donated money to Washington families in need during COVID-19 lockdown
- Purchased yard signs for 2022 5th grade in celebration of their achievement
- Purchased t-shirts for the 2022 5th graders
- Hosted a Spirit Wear Sale - Now available year-round
- Hosted the most successful Scholastic Book Fair to date!
- Founded the Wildcat Wallet initiative that provides every student with a book from the Book Fair - regardless of financial situations
- Hosted a Charleston Wrap fundraiser 2022
- Hosted the Boo Bash Drive Thru
- Hosted the End of the Year Bash
- Purchased balloons for a 5th grade send-off ceremony
- Supplied Washington Staff with snacks & drinks for the start of the school year
- Hosted monthly Dine-Out nights with local businesses and food trucks
Don't forget to like us on Facebook under Washington School PTO Glenview or follow us on Twitter @PTOGlenview! If you have any questions or would like to reach out to us to sign up for a committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.965.4780.
To read about what's going on and to find everything in one place, visit our Washington PTO website! Please note that the Washington PTO website is operated independently by the Washington PTO. East Maine District 63 and Washington Elementary School are not responsible for content.